Development Planning Department
The department coordinates the development and implementation of sector and regional policies, plans and programmes in order to promote equitable and sustainable development.
It has the following functions:
- To coordinate the preparation and consolidation of sector and regional development plans in order to facilitate their integration into national development plans.
- To coordinate the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of sector and regional dis-aggregated socio-economic information and interpret statistics for informed policy development and planning.
- To undertake evaluation studies, research and analysis of past and emerging trends in key sectors of the economy and the regions in order to generate information for decision-making.
- To analyze sector and regional performances and undertake socio-economic forecasts in order to facilitate formulation of appropriate development policies and strategic options.
- To coordinate the preparation of annual development progress reports in order to provide information on implementation status of National Development Plans, programmes and projects.
- To provide technical support to MPSAs in order to build their capacity in sector and regional planning and project management and ensure integration of crosscutting issues into sector and regional plans.