Public Investment Planning Department
Mandate of PIPD
- Develop and maintain a robust framework, systems and tools for public investment
- To coordinate and provide oversight in the identification, preparation, appraisal and implementation of public investments projects to ensure their viability, value for money and socio-economic returns on investments.
- Screening of project proposals on public investments to ensure alignment with strategic priorities
- Undertaking research and studies in public investments issues to generate information for decision making
- Coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of PIP to facilitate appropriate interventions.
- Developing and maintaining a database on public investments.